The Master of Science in Preclinical Sciences (MSPCS) Program accepts applications during a March 1st to May 22nd admissions cycle each spring for fall entry into the Program. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis during the cycle. The online application form and detailed requirements can be found under the 'Apply Now' heading below. Please see the 'Frequently Asked Questions' page for answers to common questions.
Applicants for the MSPCS Program must have completed or attained the following minimum academic requirements prior to enrollment in the Program.
- One-year of coursework with the corresponding laboratories for the following subjects: general biology, general or inorganic chemistry, and organic chemistry. One-year of coursework in physics is also required.
- a B.S. or B.A. degree from a regionally-accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative, undergraduate grade point average of 2.8 on a four point scale.
Additional admissions requirements include:
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE), Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) or Dental Admissions test (DAT) scores from exams completed within the past 2 years. Other professional healthcare program admissions scores, such as VCAT, PCAT and OAT, may be considered.
- Two letters of recommendation composed within the last year. Committee letters are acceptable, but a committee letter counts for only one of the two required letters.
- An official copy of transcripts from all undergraduate coursework.
The online application form must be completed by May 22nd of the application year. All additional application materials for admission (test scores, transcripts and letters) must be received by June 5th of the application year. The academic coursework and degree requirements listed above must be completed in time for MSPCS fall enrollment. Applicants must submit proof of enrollment in required courses that are not shown on their current academic transcript.
Current Academic Year: $762 per credit hour
The application process for fall 2016 admission has closed. The process for fall 2017 admission opens March 1, 2017. Updates to the Admissions Requirements below may occur. Please check this page in December 2016 for updated requirements for the 2017-2018 admissions cycle. See the Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to common questions about the MSPCS Program.