The Research Committee serves as a liaison between persons engaged in research and the administration of the School.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Research Committee
The duties and responsibilities of this committee shall be as follows:
- To advise the Dean, through the Executive Council, on the implementation of administrative programs and policies instituted for the support of research.
- To receive and disseminate information from the Dean's Office on issues that impact research.
- To serve as a forum for the discussion of improvement and expansion of research activity.
- To communicate needs or problems related to research and the research environment to the Dean's Office.
- To make recommendations for the coordination of programs to enhance research and the research environment.
- To make recommendations for the coordination of activities with other committees involved with research.
- To promote the dissemination of information regarding research at the School.
- To promote collaborative research.
The Research Committee shall consist of ten voting members who are actively engaged in research or are facilitating research:
- Four Faculty members from clinical departments.
- Three Faculty members from Basic Medical Sciences.
- One Faculty member from Community Medicine.
- One Faculty member from the Medical Library.
- The assistant or associate dean whose responsibilities most involve research as determined by the Dean shall be an ex officio member.
Current Committee Members
- Alexis Gage - Savannah Campus
- Anthony Royek - Savannah
- Peter Uchakin - Macon Campus
- Paul Seale - Macon Campus
Basic Medical Sciences Faculty
- James Knapp, Chair - Savannah Campus
- Robert McKallip - Macon Campus
- Wei-Hsiung Yang - Savannah Campus
Community Medicine Faculty
- Jennifer Barkin - Macon
Medical Library Faculty
- Anna Krampl - Macon