We are looking for students with:
- A firm commitment to Primary Care
- The maturity necessary to be successful
- A strong academic record
- Overall academic status at the time of application is “pass”
- Student is either a current M1 or has been accepted to Mercer but have not yet matriculated
Primary Care Accelerated Track Options for 2016-2017
- Funding is available for travel to interview or visit sites outside of your current medical school campus location
- If you would like to visit a residency site before you send in your application, please contact us at primarycareACT@gmail.com, and we will direct your information to the appropriate residency program to help set that up.
· Family Medicine – up to 2 spots
· Family Medicine – Up to 2 spots
· Internal Medicine – Up to 2 spots
· Family Medicine – Up to 3 spots
· Internal Medicine – Up to 4 spots
With the form below, please include a one-page letter of interest and a two-page CV. Then email both documents to primarycareACT@gmail.com.
- Primary Care Accelerated Track Application - View, download, or submit (Adobe PDF)
In your letter of interest, you could include: why you are committed to primary care, what experience and skill sets you have that will prepare you to succeed in an accelerated track, and why you want to apply for the Primary Care Accelerated Track (PC-ACT).
Key dates for the application and acceptance process are:
Feb 17, 2017 – Open for acceptance of applications
Mar 06, 2017 – Closed for applications
Apr 07, 2017 – Deadline for interview to be completed
Apr 14, 2017 – Residency programs will submit their acceptance decisions
Apr 17, 2017 – Students will be notified of the residency programs’ decisions