Yudan Wei, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Community Medicine
Office: (478) 301-4179
Office Location: Room 2030, Medical Education Building, Department of Community Medicine, Mercer University School of Medicine, 1550 College Street, Macon, GA 31207
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Postdoctoral, Environmental Health
Stockholm University, Ph.D., Toxicological Genetics
Harbin Medical University, M.D., Preventive Medicine
- Epidemiological studies of environmental factors associated with chronic disease etiology and prevention;
- Breast cancer, obesity and diabetes research and community interventions;
- Assessment of disparities in environmental exposure and health outcomes among demographic groups and geographic locations.
CURRENT RESEARCH GRANT
Co-PI, Preventive Medicine Research Grant, National Natural Science Foundation of China.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS (selected from publications in recent five years)
- Wei Y#, Zhu J (2016) Para-dichlorobenzene exposure is associated with thyroid dysfunction in US adolescents. The Journal of Pediatrics 177:238-43.
- Parikh PV, Wei Y# (2016) PAHs and PM2.5 emissions and female breast cancer incidence in metro Atlanta and rural Georgia. International Journal of Environmental Health Research 26(4):458-66.
- Wei Y#, Zhu J (2016) Urinary concentrations of 2,5-dichlorophenol and diabetes in US adults. Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology 26(3):329-33.
- Twum C, Zhu J, Wei Y# (2016) Maternal exposure to ambient PM2.5 and term low birth weight in the State of Georgia. International Journal of Environmental Health Research 26(1):92-100.
- Wei Y#, Zhu J (2016) Associations between urinary concentrations of 2,5-dichlorophenol and metabolic syndrome in non-diabetic adults. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 23(1):581-8.
- Wei YK, Gamra I, Davenport A, Lester R, Zhao L, Wei Y# (2015) Genistein induces cytochrome P450 1B1 gene expression and cell proliferation in human breast cancer MCF-7 cells. Journal of Environmental Pathology, Toxicology and Oncology 34(2):153-9.
- Wei Y#, Zhu J, Nguyen A (2014) Rice consumption and urinary concentrations of arsenic in U.S. adults. International Journal of Environmental Health Research 24(5):459-70.
- Wei Y#, Zhu J, Nguyen A (2014) Urinary concentrations of dichlorophenol pesticides and obesity among adult participants in the U.S. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2005-2008. International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health 217(2-3):294-9.
- Blaney G, Nguyen A, Zhu J, Wei Y# (2013) Disparities in arsenic exposure among children and adolescents in the United States. International Journal of Disability and Human Development 12(4):419-25.
- Davis CP, Zhao L, Sun D, Gao Y, Wei Y# (2012) Assessing arsenic exposure from drinking water in children before and after the improvement of water supply in China. International Journal of Disability and Human Development 11(4):351-7.
- Wei Y#, Davis J, Bina WF (2012) Ambient air pollution is associated with the increased incidence of breast cancer in US. International Journal of Environmental Health Research 22(1):12-21.
- Twum C, Wei Y# (2011) The association between urinary concentrations of dichlorophenol pesticides and obesity in children. Reviews on Environmental Health 26(3):215-9.