Morgan Stinson, PhD
- B.S., Marriage, Family, & Human Development, Brigham Young University
- M.S., Child Development & Family Relations with Specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy, East Carolina University
- Ph.D., Human Development & Family Sciences with Specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy, The University of Georgia
Dr. Stinson’s research focuses on increasing mental health literacy in underserved and rural populations. Specifically, his research focuses on: 1) the role of technology in increasing both access and quality of mental health care in rural populations and 2) exploring non-traditional mediums such as virtual and augmented reality to improve health and wellness.
- Bermudez, J. M, Muruthi, B., Stinson, M. A., Seponski, D., Zak Hunter, L., Boe, J. L., & Taniguchi, N. (2019). Decolonizing Practices: “Thank You for Including Us!”: Introducing a Community-Based Collaborative Approach to Translating Clinic Materials, Journal of Marital and Family Therapy.
- Stinson, M. A., Bermudez, J., Gale, J., Lewis, D, M., Meyer, A. S., & Templeton, GB. (2017) Reexamining marital satisfaction and conflict resolution among Latino couples: Using the actor-partner interdependence Model. Family Journal.
- Meyer, A. S., Stinson, M. A., Templeton, G. B., & Codone, S. (2016). Teaching research methods to students: Traditional vs. Research Informed Approaches. Contemporary Family Therapy.
- Abrams, B. A., Bush, K. R., Bermudez, J. M., McCoy, M., & Stinson, M. A. (2016). Mothering my daughter: Afro-Caribbean single mothers’ parenting in America. Women & Therapy
- McCoy, M. A., Stinson, M. A., Ross, B, & Hjemstad, L. R. (2013). Who’s in our clients’ bed? A case illustration of sex therapy with a polyamorous couple. Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy
- Stinson, M. A., George, D. V., McCoy, M. A., Hjelmstad, L., Mennenga, K. D, & Bermudez, J. M (2013). Finding your cadence: Introducing the dynamic developmental framework of supervision. Journal of Systemic Therapies.
- McCoy, M., Hjelmstad, L., Stinson, M. A., Abrams, B. A. (2013) The role of telemental health in therapy for couples in long distance relationships. Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy.
- McCoy, M., Stinson, M., & Bermudez, J. M., & Gladney, L. (2013). Utilizing a narrative approach to increase intimacy after prostate cancer. Journal of Creativity in Mental Health.
- Bermúdez, J.M., Zak-Hunter, L., Stinson, M. A., & Abrams, B. A. (2012). I am not losing my kids to the streets: Meanings and experiences of motherhood among Mexican Americans. Journal of Family Issues. DOI: 10.1177/0192513X12462680
- Bermudez, J. M., & Stinson, M. A. (2011). Redefining conflict resolution styles for Latino couples. Journal of Feminist Family Therapy. 23(2), 71-87. DOI:10.1080/08952833.2011.575349
- Mercer University School of Medicine Integrated Telebehavioral Health Project
US Department of Agriculture, $403,332.00
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction in Virtual Reality to Treat Chronic Pain
Mercer University School of Medicine, $5,000.00
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- Collaborative Family Healthcare Association (CFHA)
Contact Dr. Morgan Stinson