Bonzo Reddick, MD
- BS, Biology, Morehouse College
- MD, Morehouse School of Medicine
- MPH, University of North Carolina (UNC) at Chapel Hill
- Residency, Family Medicine, UNC Hospitals
- Fellowship, Career Development, UNC School of Medicine
Dr. Reddick’s research focuses on promotion of health equity, particularly in historically marginalized populations. His research interests include: use of multidisciplinary approaches in the early diagnosis and management of HIV/HCV in primary care and emergency care settings, prevention of HIV/HCV in communities using harm reduction methods such as PrEP and needle exchange programs, healthcare for the homeless, application and teaching of social determinants of health approach to healthcare, and the use of test-enhanced learning to improve academic performance and medical knowledge.
- Reddick B, O’Ree M. Improving access to hepatitis C treatment for uninsured patients in Southeast Georgia. J Ga Public Health Assoc 2020; 8(1): 11-13.
- Martinez-Bianchi V, Frank B, Edgoose J, Michener L, Weida J, Kelly C, Yu K, Reddick B, Davis S, Rodriguez M, Carr J, Smith K, Gottlieb L, New R. Addressing Family Medicine’s capacity to improve health equity through collaboration, accountability, and coalition building. Fam Med 2019; 51(2): 198-203.
- Wiggins J, O’Ree M, Reddick B. Empowering family medicine residents: Managing care for HIV patients in underserved communities. HIV Specialist 2018; 10(3): 28-30.
- Browner Elhanan KJ, Reddick B, Gleit C, Maggioni P, Balno C. “Teens and Tots Clinic”: Outcome report of the first year of implementation of a multidisciplinary teen pregnancy clinic into an academic health center. J Adolesc Health 2016; 58(2): S91-S92.
- Reddick B, Howe K. The impact of pneumonia guidelines and core measures on patient-oriented outcomes. N C Med J 2013; 74(5): 434-7.
- Edgerton L, Reddick B, Meyer A. Pain management policy and pathways. ACCP Ambulatory Care Survival Guide 2013, 3rd ed. Lenexa, KS: 153-160.
- Reddick BK, Crowell K. What blood tests will help diagnose celiac disease? J Fam Pract 2006; 55(12): 1088-93.
- FOCUS award grant (Gilead Sciences, Inc.): more than $1 million total awarded ($277,726 in 2016-17, $269,461 in 2017-18, $249,753 in 2018-19, and $211,955 in 2019-20) to implement universal HIV/HCV screening and linkage to care in emergency departments (expanded to outpatient clinics in 2018). PI for Memorial University Medical Center site.
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM), Exam Item Writer
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Family Medicine for America’s Health, Health Equity Core Team
- Latino Medical Student Association, Member and Faculty Advisor
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Student National Medical Association (SNMA), Lifetime Member