Family Therapy, M.F.T.
Become a highly-skilled clinician committed to helping individuals, couples, and families through our interactive and problem-based program.
Applications for Spring 2023 admissions (Macon campus only) are now open!
Learn more at an upcoming virtual information session.
Join our MFT program director for a virtual information session to help you decide if our program is right for you.
Pursue your passion of helping others!
Earn a Master of Family Therapy (MFT) through Mercer University’s School of Medicine and you will benefit from:
- Small class sizes. Low student-to-faculty ratio allows students to be a part of a supportive faculty and student body where they form strong connections and receive personalized instruction.
- Exceptional faculty. Classes are taught by faculty who are leaders in the field with clinical fellow and approved supervisor status in the AAMFT.
- Career preparation. 100% of Mercer’s MFT graduates are licensed and employed in their field.
- Social justice focus. Mercer’s mission is to improve access to behavioral health services to reduce mental health shortages in Georgia.
- Medical school affiliation. Students are provided the unique opportunity to learn about mental health in a collaborative interdisciplinary context.
- COAMFTE accreditation. Graduates of COAMFTE-accredited programs are prepared for national and state exams and enjoy increased license portability.