The Macon and Atlanta campuses are now accepting applications for Fall 2024!
Submit all of the following items to complete your application to the program. If you have any questions about the admissions process, please contact MUSM Admissions at 478-301-5423 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $50 Non-refundable Application Fee
- Degree Requirements: Applicants seeking graduate admission must have a bachelor’s (undergraduate) degree with an acceptable grade point average from an accredited college or university. The degree may be in any discipline.
- Transcripts from All Previously Attended Institutions: Official transcripts for all college level work completed to earn a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. Official transcripts for any work completed beyond the undergraduate degree, i.e. masters and/or doctoral work. Submit an official transcript from each college and university previously attended. Transcripts are required for both undergraduate and graduate course work (including joint enrollment) regardless of length of stay or if the grades are listed on school’s transcript. Official electronic transcripts should be submitted directly from the institution to email@example.com. Former and current Mercer University students do not need to request a Mercer University transcript but will need to submit all other transcripts.
- Three Letters of Recommendation: Applicants must submit three (3) letters of recommendation that speak to the applicants’ aptitude and potential as a marriage and family therapist. These letters should be sent directly from the letter writers, either through the application system or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Written Essay: a 750 word essay on the subject of your educational, career, and life goals must be submitted as part of the online application.
- GRE Scores (optional): If you choose to submit GRE scores, official test results should be submitted to the university through ETS using the institutional code 5409 and department code 0000. You should also email a copy of your Test Taker Score Report to email@example.com letting us know that you are submitting an official score report.
- Scholarship Essay (optional): 750-1000 word essay describing a personal hardship or significant life event that you have experienced. Further instruction is included in the application.
Admission decisions cannot be made until all application materials have been received.
Applications are considered by the Admissions Committee on a rolling basis. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Spring 2024 Entry (Macon and Atlanta Campus)
- September 18, 2023: Application Opens for Spring 2024 Admission
- December 1, 2023: Admission Application Closes
- December 1, 2023: All Supporting Materials Due
Fall 2024 Entry (Macon and Atlanta Campus)
- December 1, 2023: Application Opens for Fall 2024 Early Admission
- January 31, 2024: Application and Supporting Document Deadline for Early Admission*
- February 1, 2024: Application Opens for Fall 2023 Regular Admission
- June 5, 2024: Admission Application Closes
- June 19, 2024: All Supporting Materials Due
*Early Admission applicants will receive an admissions decision by February 28, 2024. Applications received after the January 31 will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Applicants will be contacted for an interview with the Admissions Committee. Complete applications in the rolling admissions cycle are reviewed in the order they are received. Interview invitations and offers of acceptance also occur on a rolling basis. All applicants will be notified of final admissions decisions by email.
All accepted students who intend to enroll must complete a background check. Details will be provided upon acceptance.
Mercer University COVID-19 Policy for Health Science Programs
In compliance with Mercer University’s immunization policy, all School of Medicine students must have a COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption upon enrollment.
The interview process is an opportunity for our faculty, students and admissions staff to learn more about you, and it gives you a chance to learn more about our program. Interview invitations will be sent by email and held virtually on Zoom.
NOTE: Applications must be complete with all materials received to be considered for interview.
Spring Admission Interview Dates