Enrollment on the Atlanta campus is full for Fall 2022 and the application is closed. The Macon campus is currently accepting applications through June 6, 2022.Apply Now
Submit all of the following items to complete your application to the program. Specific directions for the submission of each item can be found at Instructions for MFT Online Admissions Application.
- $50 Non-refundable Application Fee
- Degree Requirements: Applicants seeking graduate admission must have a bachelor’s (undergraduate) degree with an acceptable grade point average from an accredited college or university. The degree may be in any discipline.
- Transcripts from All Previously Attended Institutions: Submit an official transcript from each college and university previously attended. Transcripts are required for both undergraduate and graduate course work. Official electronic transcripts should be submitted directly from the institution to email@example.com.
- Three Letters of Recommendation: Applicants must submit three (3) letters of recommendation that speak to the applicants’ aptitude and potential as a marriage and family therapist. These letters should be sent directly from the letter writers, either through the application system or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Written Essay: a 750 word essay on the subject of your educational, career, and life goals must be submitted as part of the online application.
- GRE Scores (optional): If you choose to submit GRE scores, official test results should be submitted to the university through ETS using the institutional code 5409 and department code 0000.
- Scholarship Essay (optional): 750-1000 word essay describing a personal hardship or significant life event that you have experienced. Further instruction is included in the application.
Admission decisions cannot be made until all application materials have been received.
Applications are considered by the Admissions Committee on a rolling basis. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Fall 2022 Entry
- November 1, 2021: Application Opens for Fall 2022 Admission
- January 31, 2022: Early Admission Application Closes and all supporting materials due (NOTE: only applications that are complete with all materials received by this date will be considered for Early Admission.)
- June 6, 2022: Regular Admission Application Closes (It is encouraged to apply well ahead of this deadline as spots are usually filled by June each year.)
- June 20, 2022: Regular Admission Supporting Materials Due
Mercer University COVID-19 Policy for Health Science Programs
In compliance with Mercer University’s immunization policy, all School of Medicine students must have a COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption upon enrollment. Learn more
The interview process is an opportunity for our faculty, students and admissions staff to learn more about you, and it gives you a chance to learn more about our program. Interviews for Fall 2022 entry are held monthly on each campus beginning in February 2022.
NOTE: Applications must be complete with all materials received to be considered for interview.
Macon: February 11
Atlanta: February 18
Macon: March 11
Atlanta: March 18
Macon: April 8
Atlanta: April 22
Macon: May 13
Atlanta: May 20
Macon: June 10
Atlanta: June 17