The Macon campus is now accepting applications for Spring 2023! The deadline to apply is November 28, 2022.Apply Now
Submit all of the following items to complete your application to the program. Specific directions for the submission of each item can be found at Instructions for MFT Online Admissions Application.
- $50 Non-refundable Application Fee
- Degree Requirements: Applicants seeking graduate admission must have a bachelor’s (undergraduate) degree with an acceptable grade point average from an accredited college or university. The degree may be in any discipline.
- Transcripts from All Previously Attended Institutions: Submit an official transcript from each college and university previously attended. Transcripts are required for both undergraduate and graduate course work. Official electronic transcripts should be submitted directly from the institution to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Three Letters of Recommendation: Applicants must submit three (3) letters of recommendation that speak to the applicants’ aptitude and potential as a marriage and family therapist. These letters should be sent directly from the letter writers, either through the application system or emailed to email@example.com.
- Written Essay: a 750 word essay on the subject of your educational, career, and life goals must be submitted as part of the online application.
- GRE Scores (optional): If you choose to submit GRE scores, official test results should be submitted to the university through ETS using the institutional code 5409 and department code 0000.
- Scholarship Essay (optional): 750-1000 word essay describing a personal hardship or significant life event that you have experienced. Further instruction is included in the application.
Admission decisions cannot be made until all application materials have been received.
Applications are considered by the Admissions Committee on a rolling basis. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Spring 2023 Entry (Macon Campus Only)
- September 19, 2022: Application Opens for Spring 2023 Admission
- November 28, 2022: Admission Application Closes
- November 30, 2022: All Supporting Materials Due
Fall 2023 Entry (Macon and Atlanta Campus)
- November 28, 2022: Application Opens for Fall 2023 Early Admission
- January 31, 2023: Application and Supporting Document Deadline for Early Admission*
- February 1, 2023: Application Opens for Fall 2023 Regular Admission
- June 5, 2023: Admission Application Closes
- June 19, 2023: All Supporting Materials Due
*Early Admission applicants will receive an admissions decision by February 28, 2023. Applications received after the January 31 will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Applicants will be contacted for an interview with the Admissions Committee. Complete applications in the rolling admissions cycle are reviewed in the order they are received. Interview invitations and offers of acceptance also occur on a rolling basis. All applicants will be notified of final admissions decisions by email.
Mercer University COVID-19 Policy for Health Science Programs
In compliance with Mercer University’s immunization policy, all School of Medicine students must have a COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption upon enrollment. Learn more
The interview process is an opportunity for our faculty, students and admissions staff to learn more about you, and it gives you a chance to learn more about our program. Interview invitations will be sent by email and held virtually on Zoom.
NOTE: Applications must be complete with all materials received to be considered for interview.