We are excited you are considering the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences program at Mercer University School of Medicine for your graduate education. Below you will find information regarding our admissions process and criteria.
- March 1, 2023: Application Opens
- May 1, 2023: International Student Application and Materials Deadline
- June 9, 2023: Application and Materials Deadline
- The MSBMS Program admits for fall enrollment annually.
- A non-refundable fee is due when the application is submitted.
- All required materials must be received for an application file to be considered complete and eligible for review. Each applicant will be notified by email when his/her application file is complete. Only complete application files will be reviewed.
- The MSBMS Admissions Committee will evaluate each applicant holistically based on their academic record, test scores, personal qualities and personal goals. During the application review, applicants may be contacted for a phone interview with a member of the Admissions Committee.
- Complete applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. The rolling review process may continue until the application cycle ends. Applicants will be notified of admissions decisions by email.
- Accepted applicants are required to submit a $50 non-refundable deposit to hold their spot in the program. The fee will be applied to tuition upon enrollment. If an applicant submits a deposit and decides not to enroll in the fall, the deposit will be forfeited. All deposits must be submitted according to the deadline stated in the applicant’s acceptance email.
Minimum Admissions Requirements
- One-year coursework with the corresponding laboratories for the following subjects:
- General Biology
- General or Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
Undergraduate degree and required coursework must be complete by August 15, before fall enrollment.
- A B.S. or B.A. degree from a regionally-accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a four-point scale.
- A professional school or graduate school entrance exam within the previous two calendar years. Official scores must be submitted by the application deadline.
- Scores at or above the following values are preferred: GRE- 300, with 148 or above on components; MCAT- 494; and, DAT- 17, academic average.
- International students must also submit scores from the TOEFL examination.
Applicants already holding a master’s degree or high are exempt from submitting test scores; however, a graduate degree transcript must be submitted as a part of the required application materials.
- Two letters of reference from college professors or other individuals who have taught or have supervised the work of the applicant.
- An essay of approximately 750 words discussing your educational goals related to the master’s program, your career goals utilizing the master’s degree, and a summary of your experience related to your career goals (such as shadowing health professionals, employment in a healthcare setting, and volunteering related to the profession).
For more information about the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences program at Mercer University School of Medicine, call 478-301-5423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with the Admissions department.
Mercer University COVID-19 Policy for Health Science Programs
In compliance with Mercer University’s immunization policy, all School of Medicine students must have a COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption upon enrollment. Learn more