MSPCS Linkage Program
As part of Mercer University School of Medicine (MUSM), students accepted to our Master of Science in Preclinical Sciences (MSPCS) program and interested in attending the Doctor of Medicine (MD) program offered by MUSM can take advantage of the MSPCS linkage agreement. The Linkage Agreement allows eligible students enrolled in the MSPCS program to have an MD interview opportunity. This does not guarantee acceptance into the MD program.
- MSPCS students interested in the Linkage Program must attend a mandatory information session. Details will be emailed during the Fall semester of your MSPCS program.
- Interested MSPCS students must meet all general MUSM Eligibility Criteria for admission to the MD program, including residency requirements. Please note, this is the minimum requirement to establish legal residency to be eligible to apply. Established residency alone does not demonstrate a commitment to the School’s mission to meet the primary care and health care needs of rural and underserved areas of Georgia. Successful applicants will generally have significant roots (e.g., residential, family, personal, professional) in Georgia.
- In order to be offered an interview with MUSM’s admissions committee, MSPCS students must complete their first semester with a GPA of 3.5 or higher. The interview will be for matriculation to MUSM’s MD program for the following fall semester.
- If accepted into the MD program after the first semester of the MSPCS program, the MSPCS student must successfully complete and graduate from the MSPCS program in order to matriculate into the MD program.
- The MSPCS student should apply to the MD program through the application process outlined on the MUSM admissions webpage.
- When applying, MSPCS students must apply through the “Regular Pool” admissions process. Any Early Decision applicants would not have grades from the MSPCS program before the Early Decision deadlines.
- The MSPCS student must complete all components/requirements of the MD application within the Regular Pool application deadlines.