This Week @ MUSM is the official student newsletter of the Mercer University School of Medicine. It is created and distributed by the MUSM Marketing & Communications Department to help students stay informed and better manage the volume of email they receive.
Schedules & Deadlines
This Week @ MUSM is distributed through email to all students every Monday. The deadline for submitting items is 5 p.m. the Thursday prior to publication. This Week @ MUSM only publishes items related to the School of Medicine and its students. All content is subject to editing.
Submissions to This Week @ MUSM will generally fall into one of the following categories.
- Event Calendar: University-related activities coming up in the seven days after publication (Monday to Monday), which can include club activities, service opportunities and more.
- Student Announcements: Official university communications aimed at students, which can include student services like career counseling or tutoring, upcoming deadlines and other important notices.
- Recognition & Kudos: Student achievements, scholarship recipients and other outstanding activities as well as faculty recognition, grants and other information that is of interest to students.
- Stories of Service: Stories of students living the mission and helping out in the community.
- Research: Student research, research opportunities and summer programs.
- Well Balanced: Wellness efforts like student activities, university initiatives and wellness tips.
- MUSM Marketplace: MUSM-branded items that are available for purchase through student fundraisers and other sources.