- BS, Mathematics/Biochemistry, University of Georgia
- MS, Information and Computer Science, Georgia Institute of Technology
- MS, Operations Research, Georgia Institute of Technology
- MD, Medical College of Georgia
- Fellowship, Public Health Informatics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Memorial Health University Medical Center
Dr. Tindol’s past clinical research has been in the areas of medical informatics, public health, hematological illnesses and complications of their treatments, and screening and treatment for substance abuse.
- Tindol Jr, G. A. (2019). Predatory Journals: “Fake News” in Medicine and Science. Journal of the Medical Association of Georgia, 107(4), 32-33.
- Zhou A, Winkler A, Emamifar A, Gartland B, Duncan A, Antun A, Arellano M, Tindol GA, Levy JH, Bornstein WA, Horowitz IR, Khoury HJ. Is the Incidence of Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia Affected by the Increased Use of Heparin for the Prevention of Deep Venous Thrombosis? CHEST. April 25, 2012 doi:10.1378/chest.11-2926.
- Tran H, Arellano M, Chamsuddin A, Flowers C, Heffner LT, Langston A, Lechowicz MJ, Tindol A, Waller E, Winton EF, Khoury HJ. Deep Venous Thromboses in Patients With Hematological Malignancies After Peripherally Inserted Central Venous Catheters. Leukemia and Lymphoma 2010; 51(8):1473-1477.
- Duke JD, Tindol GA, Toomey KE, Pitts SR, Dean AG. Electronic Medical Billing Records and Public Health Surveillance. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice 2002;8(no 3):18-29.
- Tindol GA, DiBenedetto RJ, Kosciuk L. Unplanned Extubations. CHEST 1994; 105:1804-07.
- Tindol GA. Evaluating Physician Teaching With Spreadsheet Software. Physicians and Computers 1996; 13(no 6):46-48.
- Grimsley EW, Tindol GA. Treatment of Multiple Drug-resistant Tuberculosis. Journal of the Medical Association of Georgia 1994; 83:521-25.
- Admissions Committee for applicants for Doctor of Medicine course of study, Mercer University School of Medicine
- Clerkship Directors and Student Coordinators Subcommittee (CDSC), Mercer University School of Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (FACP)
- IM-ACT (Internal Medicine Accelerated Career Track) Committee, Mercer University School of Medicine
- Liaison Committee for Medical Education, Quality Improvement, Mercer University School of Medicine