Lisa Bauman, MD
- BS, Saint Mary’s College
- MD, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Residency, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth Hospital and Indiana University Methodist Hospital
- Fellowship, Cytopathology, Indiana University Medical Center
Dr. Bauman’s current research and interest involves promotion of pathology and pathophysiology in Phase 1 undergraduate medical education. Presenting focused, clinically-relevant pathology content in an engaging interactive manner provides enhanced pathology visibility and learner success. She is interested in cognitive education theory and pedagogy relevant to medical education and faculty development. This interest was informed by experience developing pathology content in a new integrated curriculum for the City University of New York School of Medicine, New York, New York. A resulting abstract, “Promoting Pathology Within a Unique Educational Model: A New School in the Heart of Harlem” was accepted for presentation at the Group for Research in Pathology Education meeting January, 2020. Prior publications (20) are centered on endoscopic ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration cytology and biopsy in the cancer diagnosis and staging.
Dr. Bauman is an accomplished surgical pathologist. She is a diplomat of the American Board of Pathology in anatomic and clinical pathology with added qualification in cytopathology. She developed subspecialty expertise in gastrointestinal pathology as a visiting clinician at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
Click here to see the full list of Dr. Bauman’s work.
- Association of Pathology Chairs (APC)
- Georgia Association of Pathology (GAP)
- Group for Research in Pathology Education (GRIPE)
- Former Board Member, Indianapolis Opera
- International Association of Medical Science Educators (IAMSE)