We will be a great place to work, learn, and teach.
GOAL 3 STRATEGIES
We will foster a unified, diverse, and inclusive School of Medicine community.
- We will achieve a diverse student body that is reflective of the state of Georgia.
- We will achieve a diverse faculty and staff according to needs identified in the School of Medicine’s climate survey and community data.
- We will improve student health, academic and financial outcomes:
- By FY2021, we will decrease student debt to at or below the national average for private medical schools.
- We will achieve at or above the national average in student well being.
- By FY2022, 25% students of our students in graduate programs will receive financial aid or tuition assistance.
- Implement inclusion practices that foster a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
We will foster excellence in teaching and learning.
- We will enable effective student learning.
- We will lessen the financial burden on students.
- We will actively support student wellness.
- We will enable faculty excellence in teaching.
- We will communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- We will establish a culture of continuous quality improvement.
We will refurbish existing and build new facilities and technology.
- By the end of FY2021, we will establish a 4-year medical school in Columbus.
- By the end of FY2023, we will complete updates to the Macon campus.
- By the end of FY2023, we will revamp the lab space in Macon.
- Invest in facilities.
- Invest in people.
- Invest in Technology.