Edward Klatt, MD
- BS, Zoology, University of Nevada
- MD, Loma Linda University
- Residency, Pathology, University of Southern California Medical Center
- Fellowship, Pathology, University of Southern California Medical Center
Dr. Klatt has been involved with health science education for over 47 years with his research interests being in medical education. For the past 26 years, he has developed and contributed to the website WebPath, which receives over 100 million accesses annually. He is author of the textbook, Pathology of HIV/AIDS, which is in its 31st edition. He is part of continuing education, having served on the National Board of Medical Examiners Step 1 Committee. He is involved in curriculum design, development, and deployment for the undergraduate medical education program. He is author for 4 of the 7 reference works in the Robbins & Cotran series of pathology texts used worldwide in health science education. He helps facilitate the development of Mercer’s Patient-based Curriculum with emphasis on integration of clinical and basic science content in an active learning environment. He develops teaching materials, which are deployed in multiple active learning and team settings: problem-based learning, case-based learning, and team-based learning. His focus is on facilitating the advancement of medical education with information management and critical thinking through a team-based approach.
- Klatt E.C. (2018) The Human Interface of Biomedical Informatics. Journal of Pathology Informatics. Sep 6;9:30. doi: 10.4103/jpi.jpi_39_18
- Klatt E.C. (2014) Robbins & Cotran Atlas of Pathology, Third Edition, Elsevier, Inc., New York.
- Klatt E.C., Kumar V. (2014) Robbins & Cotran Review of Pathology, Fourth Edition, Elsevier, Inc.New York.
- Klatt E.C. (2014) Web-Based Pathology Examination Usage. Journal of Pathology Informatics. 5:34 http://www.jpathinformatics.org/text.asp?2014/5/1/34/141987
- Klatt E.C., Strickland C.D. (2014) Applications in Transfusion Medicine. MedEdPORTAL; 2014. Available from: http://www.mededportal.org/publication/9843
- Klatt, E.C. (2014) Who Can Pass The Test? Medical Science Educator 24(2):201-209.
- Klatt E.C., Thompson T.L. (2013) Can PBL Group Assignment Affect Examination Performance? Medical Science Educator: The Journal of the International Association of Medical Science Educators. 23(2):244-249.
- Li J., Chen H., Mariani A., Chen D., Klatt E., Podratz K., Drapkin R., Broaddus R, Dowdy S. Jiang S-W. (2013) HE4 (WFDC2) Promotes Tumor Growth in Endometrial Cancer Cell Lines. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 14, 6026-6043; doi:10.3390/ijms14036026.
- Klatt E.C., Klatt C.A. (2011) The Reading Rates of Medical Students. Academic Medicine. 86(9):1079-1083.
- Klatt E.C. (2010) A 3-Year Medical Curriculum. Journal of the National Medical Association. 102:250-253.
- AIDS Autopsy Program, State of California through County of Los Angeles, Department of Health Services, P.I.: Edward C. Klatt, M.D., Dates: 1987-1991, Funding: $1,473,000
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- Association for Pathology Informatics (API)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- International Association of Medical Science Educators (IAMSE)
- National Medical Association (NMA)