Kimberly McElveen, MSM, EdD
- BA, Political Science, College of Charleston
- MSM, Management, Troy University
- EdD, Higher Education Administration, Georgia Southern University
Dr. McElveen’s research interests include student learning assessment, student retention efforts, and leadership.
- McElveen, K., Sitharaman, S., Sheeks, G. (2021). Creating and Developing a Culture of Growth Mindset on a University Campus. Paper will be presented at the National Symposium on Student Retention. November 2-5, 2021.
- Waller, R., Lemoine, P. McElveen, K., Garretson, C. (April 2021) New Expectations for Global Higher Education by using Online Learning During a Pandemic. International Education and Research Journal. Expected publication August 2021.
- Howard, T., & McElveen, K. (2019). Generally Speaking: The Impact of General Education on Student Learning in the 21st Century. Innovations in General Education: A Model for Faculty Driven Assessment. Gorham, ME: Myers Publishing, LLC.
- McElveen, K., Sitharaman, S., Butcher, T., Sheeks, G. (November 2018) Effective Programs and Practices that Increase Student Retention Rates for Special Populations.
- Sitharaman, S., Butcher, T. Sheeks, G. & McElveen, K. (November 6, 2017). Tracking Student Engagement in Co-curricular Events and using the Data to Make Meaningful Campus Decisions.
- Sitharaman, S., Butcher, T., McElveen, K. (November 2, 2016). Effective Initiatives for First Year Students that Increase the Rates of Retention and College Completion.
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Editorial Board Member for Journal for Student Affairs Research and Practice
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges