Maurice M. Solis, MD
- BS, Chemistry, University of Florida
- MD, Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- General Surgery Resident, Mercer University School of Medicine, Medical Center of Central Georgia
- Fellowship, Vascular Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Surgery, Endovascular, Southern Illinois University
Dr. Solis has co-authored over 40 articles in medical journals, three book chapters, and presented at numerous national and regional vascular surgery meetings on vascular surgery diseases including carotid stenosis, aortic aneurysms, and venous thromboembolism.
- Massop D, Dave R, Metzger C, Bachinsky W, Solis M, Shah R, Schultz G, Schreiber T, Ashchi M, Hibbard R; SAPPHIRE Worldwide Investigators.: Stenting and angioplasty with protection in patients at high-risk for endarterectomy: SAPPHIRE Worldwide Registry first 2,001 patients; Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2009 Feb 1;73(2):129-36.
- Ramaiah V, Gammon R, Kiesz S, Cardenas J, Runyon JP, Fail P, Walker C, Allie DE, Chamberlin J, Solis M, Garcia L, Kandzari D; TALON Registry.: Midterm outcomes from the TALON Registry: treating peripherals with SilverHawk: outcomes collection. J Endovasc Ther. 2006 Oct;13(5):592-602.
- Morgan JH 3rd, Johnson JH, Brown RB, Harvey RL, Rizzoni WE, Tyson CS, Robinson SJ, Solis MM.: Initial experience with routine selective carotid arteriography by vascular surgeons. Am Surg. 2006 Aug;72(8):684-6.
- Ashley DW, Mix JW, Christie B, Burton CG, Lochner FK, McCommon GW, Matoy GC, Solis MM, Donner RS, Dalton ML, Tyson CS, Newman WH.: Removal of the OptEase retrievable vena cava filter is not feasible after extended time periods because of filter protrusion through the vena cava.; J Trauma. 2005 Oct;59(4):847-52.
- Morgan JH 3rd, Wall CE Jr, Christie DB, Harvey RL, Solis MM.: The results of superficial femoral, popliteal, and tibial artery stenting for peripheral vascular occlusive disease.; Am Surg. 2005 Nov;71(11):905-9.
- Wellons ED, Milner R, Solis M, Levitt A, Rosenthal D.: Stent-graft repair of traumatic thoracic aortic disruptions.; J Vasc Surg. 2004 Dec;40(6):1095-100.
- Ashley DW, Gamblin TC, McCampbell BL, Kitchens DM, Dalton ML Jr, Solis MM. Bedside insertion of vena cava filters in the intensive care unit using intravascular ultrasound to locate renal veins.; J Trauma. 2004 Jul;57(1):26-31.
- Gamblin TC, Ashley DW, Burch S, Solis M.: A prospective evaluation of a bedside technique for placement of inferior venacava filters: accuracy and limitations of intravascular ultrasound.; Am Surg. 2003 May;69(5):382-6.
- Ayerdi J, McLafferty RB, Solis MM, Teruya T, Danetz JS, Parra JR, Gruneiro LA, Ramsey DE, Hodgson KJ.: Retrograde Endovascular Hypogastric Artery Preservation (REHAP) and Aortouniiliac (AUI) Endografting in the Management of Complex Aortoiliac Aneurysms. Ann Vasc Surg. 2003 May;17(3):329-34.
- Teruya TH, Ayerdi J, Solis MM, Abou-Zamzam AM, Ballard JL, McLafferty RB, Hodgson KJ: Treatment of Type III Endoleak with an Aortouniiliac Stent Graft ; Ann Vasc Surg. 2003 Mar;17(2):123-8.
- SAPPHIRE Worldwide Registry: Carotid Stent Trial, Primary investigator. (Sponsor – Cordis/Johnson&Johnson)
- Pythagoras – Aor-fix AAA stent graft in angulated neck anatomy. Co-investigator. (Sponsor – Lombard Medical)
- Tigris – Vascular Stent in the Treatment of Atherosclerotic Lesions of the Superficial Femoral and Proximal Popliteal Arteries. Primary investigator (Sponsor- W L GORE)
- Excluder IBD -Iliac Branch Endoprosthesis for the Treatment of Common Iliac Artery aneurysms or Aorto-iliac Aneurysms. Co- investigator (Sponsor- W L GORE)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- American Board of Vascular Surgery, Oral examiner
- American College of Surgeons , Fellow
- Georgia Vascular Society, President
- Society for Vascular Surgery, Fellow
- Southern Association for Vascular Surgery
- Will C. Sealy Surgical Society, Past President and Charter Member