Pursue your passion of helping others!
Earn a Master of Family Therapy (MFT) through Mercer University’s School of Medicine and you will benefit from:
- Small class sizes. Low student-to-faculty ratio allows students to be a part of a supportive faculty and student body where they form strong connections and receive personalized instruction.
- Exceptional faculty. Classes are taught by faculty who are leaders in the field with clinical fellow and approved supervisor status in the AAMFT.
- Career preparation. 100% of Mercer’s MFT graduates are licensed and employed in their field.
- Social justice focus. Mercer’s mission is to improve access to behavioral health services to reduce mental health shortages in Georgia.
- Medical school affiliation. Students are provided the unique opportunity to learn about mental health in a collaborative interdisciplinary context.
- COAMFTE accreditation. Graduates of COAMFTE-accredited programs are prepared for national and state exams and enjoy increased license portability.
Learn from Leaders in the Field
Associate Professor / Interim MFT Program Director
Assistant Professor / Interim Assistant MFT Program Director
Associate Professor / Assistant Clerkship Director, Psychiatry
Helpful Tips and Resources
Keep track of important application dates and admissions requirements.
Learn from highly-credentialed faculty who are leaders in the field.
Find out the benefits of choosing a COAMFTE-accredited program.
Review the courses you’ll take to complete the graduation requirements.
Calculate the cost to earn your MFT degree.
Get answers to your frequently asked questions.